18” x 24”, 24” x 36”
5 Days, 3 Days, 2 Days, 1 Day
The Pink Line is the most recent addition to the CTA but uses some of the original tracks of the old Metropolitan West Side elevated. The Douglas Park branch opened in 1896 and ran as far west as Oak Park Ave until it was cut back to 54th Ave in Cicero. When the Garfield Park branch of the Met was removed and replaced by the Congress Line (running in the median of Interstate 290) the Douglas Park branch was connected to it and routed through the Milwaukee-Dearborn Subway.
The Congress-Douglas Lines operated a skip-stop service with stations being designated as A, B, or A/B. The Douglas branch ran B trains exclusively until this service was discontinued. In 2005 the CTA began studies looking at making the Douglas branch a separate line, originally known as the Silver Line. In 2006 a contest found that pink was the preferred choice. The CTA rehabilitated a section of track known as the Paulina Connector which was part of the original Metropolitan elevated but was connected to the Lake St Line. This allows Douglas branch trains to run over the Loop for the first time in half a century.
Printed on Satin finish 80# cover stock – 220 GSM. Made in the USA! Standard production time is 5 Days. Please add more time for shipping.